jueves, 13 de febrero de 2020

ANNE JACOBS,freedom and happiness


She is a german writer. A novelist. She has written some novels. One of them is "The Touch Villa" o "La Villa de las Telas" that go by  first years from century XX. 

First she studied music, russian and french, after that she was a teacher in a high school. Now she is a great novelist. And she is visiting my blog.



--I am sure you always loved to write. But I know you were a teacher at High School. It is correct?

Yes. I studied the languages Russian and French and passed the exam for to be an teacher at High School. But at that time, there were no more places at High School, so I did not get a job and had to stay at home with my two children, who were at the age of two and six at that time. I started working in a bookshop and writing short stories. This was the beginning ...


--I read that you studied music. You were a little girl when you began?

My brother has been a good musician, he always practiced piano-playing in the evening an I listened to him, when I was a little child. Later I learned to play piano myself, I also played trumpet and I learned classical singing. I like music very much, especially classical music and operas.


--Tell me please about your book "The Cloth Villa" a brief description from the story. You have written a saga.

In this saga I tell the story of a family in the german town of Augsburg, who own a cloth-factory, so they are wealthy people and live in a very lovely house, named „the Cloth-Villa“. I started with the story of Marie, who comes into this Villa as a simple kitchen-girl – but there is a dark secret about her origin, which she will find out. At the end, she not only knows the story of her parents, but she also meets love.

When I had finished the first volume, we did not know, what I should write next. Another novel? Or an „spin off“ about one person of the „Cloth-Villa“?  At the end, I decided to write a second volume of the „Cloth-Villa“, and this was a really good decision. So I accompanied my protagonists through World War I . Now, in the third volume, we meet the „golden twenties“, a period, when there was inflation and unemployment in Germany like everywhere in Europe. The marriage of Marie and Paul will have a deep crisis, a governess will come into the „Cloth-Villa“, she tries to profit of this situation, the children have their part in the story and one person even will be killed. But of course – at the end, nearly all my protagonists and also my readers will be content.


--When you write you prefer to write into your studio with a laptop or a notebook? Not all writers use notebooks. I like notebooks. 

I always start a chapter by taking some notes with ink pen on paper. I like ink pens very much. So I use them for making the plan of the chapter. When the plan is perfect, I write the chapter with the computer. I use a big screen, which is better for my eyes and my writing-computer is not online. If I go online, I use my laptop or the smartphone.


--To write, to imagine stories is very very special for me. When you end a book do you feel happy?

Writing is like living in a world, you have constructed by yourself. When I end a book, I feel facilitated, but at the same time I feel sad. I really miss all the protagonists I was used to talk to, to bring them into trouble, to make them happy. For some days, I feel like a zombie. Then I find back into real life, I start the preparations for the next book and everything starts again.


--I am sure you are writing or thinking in a new novel now. Give me please some steps to write a good novel.

To write a good novel, you should be really fascinated by the subject, you write about.
Some of my colleagues start with a plan: every part of the book, even every chapter is already fixed. Then they sit down to write. For me, it is differently.
Of course, you must have some sort of plan, you should know what will happen in your book, how the end will be. But very often this changes during writing – so writing a novel is like walking through the jungle. There has been a path, but now, it is gone, you know, where you will get out of the jungle, but you have to find a new path and everywhere can be a snake, a tiger or even a fairy.
So – writing is still a wonderful adventure. 


--Did you know when you were a kid that you will be a writer?

No. I always wanted to be a singer, because I had an aunt, who was an opera-singer. It took me a long time to find out, that writing is my real profession. So – sometimes in your life, you go the wrong way for a while, but if there is a special talent waiting inside yourself, it will come out some day.


You can see her in:
Facebook:
Anne Jacobs






Thanks a lot to Anne to say yes to my interview. She is so busy presenting her books. 

Leticia Teresa Pontoni.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Por favor no se permite lenguaje obsceno o insultante. Gracias.